1. Sleep baby on the back from birth, not on the tummy or side
2. Sleep baby with head and face uncovered
3. Keep baby smoke free before birth and after
4. Provide a safe sleeping environment night and day
5. Sleep baby in their own safe sleeping place in the same room as an adult caregiver for the first six to twelve months
6. Breastfeed baby
Safe Sleeping Resources
You can download the following Safe Sleeping resources as PDFs by clicking the images below:
|Safe Sleeping Long Brochure||Safe Sleeping Easy Read||Safe Sleeping Poster||Safe Sleeping Door Hanger|
SIDS and Kids Safe Sleeping app
SIDS and Kids Safe Sleeping application provides new and expectant mothers, carers and health care professionals with vital information on how to sleep baby safely and reduce the risk of sudden unexpected death in infants and fatal sleeping accidents. It also includes valuable information on Tummy Time and Safe Wrapping and links to our FAQs and the SIDS and Kids website for further information and support.
The app can be used in the following languages: English, Chinese, Vietnamese, Hindi and Arabic. Download through either the App Store or Google Play using the links below.