The partnership formed in February 2014 with CUA, Australia’s largest customer owned financial institution, is an important partnership for SIDS and Kids.
The partnership provides significant funding and volunteer support for our organisation nationally. CUA have been instrumental in the funding of the expansion of our Online Safe Sleeping Education package which is aimed at health care professionals and is an accredited training package. Professor Jeanine Young, FACN, PhD, BSc (Hons) Nursing, Adv. Dip Nursing Care RGN, Reg Midwife, ENB 405 & 998 and member of the SIDS and Kids National Scientific Advisory Group is taking a lead on the project. The online package was available only in Queensland and with the support of CUA we have been able to nationalise the platform making it relevant to each State and Territory of Australia.
They have also supported SIDS and Kids Safe Sleeping messages via social media platforms and to their dedicated staff nationally.
CUA have provided more than 50 volunteers for over 300 hours of volunteer work covering a range of activities including:
- Red Nose Day product sales within their branches
- Volunteer support for Red Nose Day activities
- Packing of Red Nose Day product boxes
- Volunteers to assist with our Special Events including our breakfast events, Sunshine Beach Run in WA and the Harry Parker Golf Day in Queensland
- Administration Support at our Offices in Queensland and Victoria
- Judging of our National Red Nose Day Colouring in Competition
A regular volunteering program has also been established at CUA in Melbourne.
SIDS and Kids thanks CUA for their support and consider it a privilege to work alongside CUA and look forward to working with CUA into the future.
For further information about CUA please visit www.cua.com.au.