Whilst there is still no known cause of SIDS, research findings have identified factors that may reduce the Risk of SIDS.
1. Sleep baby on the back from birth, not on the tummy or side
2. Sleep baby with head and face uncovered
3. Keep baby smoke free before birth and after
4. Provide a safe sleeping environment night and day
5. Sleep baby in their own safe sleeping place in the same room as an adult care-giver for the first six to twelve months
6. Breastfeed baby
|Safe Sleeping Long Brochure||Safe Sleeping Easy Read||Safe Sleeping Poster||Tummy Time Brochure|
|Tummy Time Poster||Safe Wrapping Brochure||Safe Wrapping Poster||Safe Sleeping Door Hanger|
|Cot to Bed Safety Brochure|
SIDS and Kids Safe Sleeping app
SIDS and Kids Safe Sleeping app is available free of charge.
Cot to Bed Safety app
The Cot to Bed Safety app for iPhone and Android provides information on when to move a child from a cot to a bed, what type of bed to use, and how to provide a safe environment for a child.
If you would like to obtain copies of the above Safe Sleeping Information please contact SIDS and Kids Tasmania on (03) 6431 9488 or email email@example.com