SIDS and Kids launches new Safe Sleeping suite
SIDS and Kids is helping to educate parents on how to sleep a baby safely by launching a new suite of education materials at the Powerhouse Museum in Sydney today.
The new ‘Sleep Safe, My Baby’ suite is a guide to sleeping a baby safely and reducing the risk of sudden unexpected death in infancy.
The suite also includes information on tummy play, as well as posters, a door hanger and a free iPhone app downloadable from iTunes.
The suite contains six Safe Sleeping messages:
1. Sleep baby on the back from birth, not on the tummy or side
2. Sleep baby with head and face uncovered
3. Keep baby smoke free before birth and after
4. Provide a safe sleeping environment
5. Sleep baby in their own safe sleeping place in the same room as an adult care-giver for the first six to twelve months
6. Breastfeed baby if you can
SIDS and Kids has been instrumental in achieving an 80 per cent reduction in deaths attributed to sudden infant death syndrome in Australia.
The complete information suite comprises:
These are now available to download as PDFs from our Safe Sleeping page here. The free iPhone app will be available soon.
The materials will also be available from SIDS and Kids offices in every state and territory from 21 May.
Want to find out more about how to sleep your baby safely? Visit our Safe Sleeping page here or call 1300 308 307.