Second child in a week dies after getting tangled in blind cord

The Sydney Morning Herald reports another toddler has died after becoming entangled in a blind cord – the second incident in less than a week.

The 15-month-old girl was found choking on the cord about 6.25pm at a home on Hillcrest Road, Quakers Hill.

Paramedics and a CareFlight doctor worked to resuscitate the child before taking her to Westmead Children’s Hospital in a critical condition, where she later died.

Read the full story here.

The ACCC recommends tying cords out of reach of children. Download the ACCC’s¬†brochure on blind and curtain cord safety¬†here.

This Responsive Wordpress website is produced by Bizar Mobile - iPhone app Development, html5 Development